Life Education (Harold)

Kia Ora! How are you?

On the 7th of February, Jo and Helly came from Life Education to come and teach the school. There are different things they teach for each year, so for year 7, it was leadership.

They taught us what the difference is between a bossy boss and a good leader. A good leader coaches for improvement, gives credit, and participates, while the bossy boss takes credit, doesn’t participate, and hogs respect. This information is essential to know whether you are being a good leader, or a bossy boss.

We all have parts of us that are in the bossy boss category, but we all have parts that are in the good leader category. I personally think I am a good leader because I do my best to give credit, encourage and include, and share.

Helly later taught us about the brain. It is a very essential part of our bodies and there are many parts to it, like the brain stem, amygdala, and prefrontal cortex.

My experience with Jo and Helly was really good, apart from the behavior from us students, Jo and Helly did their best to teach us.